Poisonous invertebrates

When collecting insects, use your instincts and common sense. remember – brightly colored insects should not be eaten,
padlinożernych, sick or dead. Odor-giving off species must not be picked up, as they can be poisonous. To, that some invertebrates are food for animals, it is not the same as human eating of them. Be careful when collecting any invertebrates.

As with feeding on other food, it's best to learn to distinguish between some of the surely edible species and avoid the rest. If you are weak, the body is susceptible to even small doses of poison.

Red beetles
Red and any bright color of insects, such as beetles and weevils, it is a sign for predators, that these insects are unpalatable. Don't pick them up. Even if their poison is not very strong, you can seriously – get sick.

Clams
Hundreds of clams are armed with a sharp mustache, which they throw out like a harpoon and inject poison into the victim's body. Sometimes even a stab can be fatal. It is dangerous to accidentally step on a clam buried in the sand.

Red moths
The moth's red color means its bad taste. Although some non-toxic insects mimic the color of poisonous species, it is better not to pick up any bright insects, to avoid making a mistake.

Axes
They are very aggressive, their sting is very dangerous. Never try to eat wasps. A sting to the face causes swelling, which may make breathing difficult, and even lead to suffocation.

Sea hydrofoils
Stinging hydrofoils, such as hydra (Hydra), they occur in warm sea currents. Portuguese sailor (Physalia) it has stinging antennae up to 12 meters. Try to avoid these animals from a distance. Also, avoid jellyfish, some can stick a stick of poison into the skin.

Anemone
They are sometimes found on the rocks of small coves. Most have stinging antennae, therefore they should be avoided. remember, that most animals gaining food through stinging stingers can be harmful to humans.

Sea mollusks
In general, most molluscs are eatable after cooking, but you can get poisoned with them. Sea mollusks feed on food particles suspended in water, so many liters of water per day pass through their bodies, and all poisons accumulate in their body. Pick them alive and eat them as soon as possible after harvesting.

OTHER POISONOUS INVERTEBRATES

Shaggy caterpillars and polychaetes are inedible, because their hair can contain irritants, harmful substances that act on the skin. Yellow ladybugs are also poisonous (Coccinellidae). Most octopuses are edible, however, watch out for the Australian octopus Hapalochlaen, which contains a strong poison that can kill a person. So if you can't tell the difference between harmless octopus species, avoid everyone. Do not pick up buried larvae or ants, which secrete formic acid. If you can't say with certainty, what kind did you find – leave him. This applies to all invertebrates.